Sunday, April 3, 2011

21 DayKick Start: Free Vegan transition support


Register today and you will see how easy it is to improve your diet, empowering yourself and support the planet in 21 days.

My first Vegan Healing soup for April is Greens 'n Beans in Garlic Broth . I agree with Smith Farm’s Laura Pole, that your body will thank you for this gorgeous tonic after the heavier foods of winter. Just adding some crusty bread and/or a fresh salad will make a satisfying light meal, welcoming Spring. Thanks to both the auther and to Laura for conveying this original copyrighted recipe of Myra Kornfield, author of The Healthy Hedonist. Besides heads of garlic, the broth includes leek greens, lentils, fresh sage and thyme, bay, sea salt and water.


The soup has olive oil, leeks, carrots , arugula, escarole, swiss chard, romaine, sea salt, brown rice vinegar and cracked pepper-lemon-garlic. For most folks, I added great northern beans (dried - soaked overnight) for added nutrients, for others, chickpeas. After re-heating, you may want to add more cracked pepper, a drizzle of good olive oil, lemon juice and even some vegan parmesean/ nutritional yeast/Daiya shredded mozzarella. I gifted you with some tasty yellow onions sauteed in olive oil for garnish.


Chanting Ingredients: Include the usual along with The Immortal Song – by my teacher, Jain Master Gurudev Shree Chitrabhanu


May the sacred stream of amity flow forever in my heart

May the universe prosper; such is my cherished desire.

May my heart sing with ecstasy at the sight of the virtuous,

And may my life be an offering at their feet.

May my heart bleed at the sight of the wretched, the cruel and the poor.

And may tears of compassion flow from my eyes.

May I always be there to show the path to the pathless wanderers of life; Yet , if they should not hearken to me, may I abide patiently.

May the spirit of good will enter into all our hearts,

May we all sing together the immortal song of brotherhood, the immortal song of sisterhood, the immortal song.


Namaste!


Buon Apetito! L’Chaim! In Joy! From your Singing-Soup Maker, Sharda

;">Many Species - One Planet - One Future I See You ~ Namaste ~ Yours in Wellness, Gratitude, Vitality and the Rhythm of Nature, This blog post can be reproduced in its entirety with the following information:© Suzen Sharda Segall 2010, CelebratingtheInnerHealer.com http://www.wellnesstraining.com/ http://www.celebratingtheinnerhealer.blogspot.com/ Suzen Sharda Segall, Wellness Personal Trainer/Consultant, designer and facilitator of BodyArts Therapeutics, has provided an integrated approach to health and wellness for a wide variety of populations, internationally,for over thirty-five years

No comments:

Post a Comment