Monday, August 2, 2010

Rock-a-bye BodyArts: AquaMassage




If you've never had a hot springs/ hot tub massage -- you have been deprived of one of life's deeply satisfying pleasures. My first experience in New Mexico was such good medicine, I couldn't wait to explore sharing Acupressure water massages with friends and clients.

Pittsburgh, my hometown is lacking in venues to offer this BodyArts therapy, so I am always delighted with opportunities to return to Berkeley Springs where I can offer the Aqua-Acu massage at one of my favorite summer natural settings. Our up-coming August 20th week-end retreat: Return Mountain: Celebrating the Inner Healer will feature this unique therapy in the famous healing waters.

Of course, year-round the State Park 'ancient' roman baths can be booked, however, this is not the same as being in fresh air, surrounded by the forest, earth and sky.

Watsu is the most well-known water massage. My version incorporates the mindful use of acupressure points - for neck, shoulder and pelvis release along with the rhythmic rocking the client experiences,floating all the while. Quite restorative - refreshing and often transformative --
Picture yourself floating on warm water, gazing up at the blue sky and green trees, being supported by my hands under your shoulders, while I slowly walk and rock you, gently moving my hand positions along the energy pathways to release,balance and harmonize all systems.

I no doubt will include some serenading this time, with Threshold Choir lullabys that have also been accompanying the closing few minutes of The YeSSS Method of Restorative Yoga.

I'm looking forward to it and hope to bring back some client quotes when I report back at the end of the month.


Many Species...One Planet...One Future

Yours in Wellness, Gratitude, Vitality and Reverence for all Life,
Suzen Sharda Segall


This blog post can be reproduced in its entirety with the following information:

© Suzen Sharda Segall 2010, CelebratingtheInnerHealer.com

Listen at: http://tinyurl.com/

Blog: www.celebratingtheinnerhealer.blogspot.com

Or on its unique radio channel at:

Suzen Sharda Segall, Wellness Personal Trainer/Consultant, designer and facilitator of BodyArts Therapeutics, has provided an integrated approach to health and wellness for a wide variety of populations, internationally,for over thirty-five years





No comments:

Post a Comment