Friday, January 21, 2011

Serving Power Foods; Eating with Mindfulness


I was invited to present a Mindful Eating workshop and Healing Meal at Gilda's Club of Western Pennsylvania on January 24th - following the weekly yoga class. So I did my best to design a menu including as many of the vegan healing power foods on the Smith Farm cookbook list as I could. I was also inspired by what I've learned from Dr. Fuhrman about the power of nuts - served within meals -- and my favorite coconut based yogurt and kefir I love introducing newbies to --I thought you might like to see the menu - and guess which top ten ingredients I included!

Simple Creamy Broccoli Soup
- garnished with toasted kale -

Crudites and Three Dips
Baby sweet peppers, grape tomatoes, zucchini and belgin endive spears
Brown rice crackers, blue corn chips,
Kidney bean dip
Smoked 'not' cheddar dip (also a huge vegan fav of mine from Wayfare)

Butternut Barley Casserole


Apple Crisp


-with dollup of coconut yogurt/kefir-


Matcha Green Tea with Orange Peel infusion


The mindful eating program was greatly inspired by my experiences with Macrobiotic educator, Lino Stanchich, who I had the pleasure of learning with on the last couple of holistic cruises. (author of Power Eating Program, among others) I'm very curious to see how the small group responds to the material --and plan to continue offering a series of Wellness programs around food and eating - this is my most extensive version of guiding mindful eating with a small group -- and we'll see what I can adapt for online resources...later.

From you I receive, To You I give, Together we share and From this we live
Many Species...One Planet...One Future
~I See You ~ Namaste ~
Yours in Wellness, Gratitude, Vitality and the Rhythm of Nature,
Suzen Sharda Segall

This blog post can be reproduced in its entirety with the following information:

© Suzen Sharda Segall 2010, CelebratingtheInnerHealer.com

Listen at: http://tinyurl.com/

Blog: www.celebratingtheinnerhealer.blogspot.com

Or on its unique radio channel at:

Suzen Sharda Segall, Wellness Personal Trainer/Consultant, designer and facilitator of BodyArts Therapeutics, has provided an integrated approach to health and wellness for a wide variety of populations, internationally,for over thirty-five years

No comments:

Post a Comment