Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cruisin' in the 'burgh


Wow! I made it home -- from the Caribbean Paradise -- to be greeted first in the Greater DC and Maryland areas -- with wonderful signs of the paradise of Spring -- great negative ion richly charged torrential rains, cherry blossoms, daffadills, tulip trees in full bloom, and red buds! What a way to greet a season!




Cousin Marilyn and I had a great time whipping up some macrobiotic fresh foods -- and dining out at a unique Chinese vegan/ partly organic restaurant ...ahhh, if only in the'burgh........


And back home Monday eve -- I just had time to stop at the EEFood Coop for a few staples before teaching Restorative Yoga at Club One Monday evening.

I must say, getting ready for the Holistic Holiday at Sea, and now following it, I have had a great time preparing creative meals for myself -- lots of fresh energy -- inside and out.


I took a forty-five minute walk at Washington's Landing and proceeded to the strip iso the chinese root vegetable my marvelous acupuncture doctor, from Berkeley Springs, Dr. Lin, had prescribed for me when I asked about strengthening and supporting spleen.


(The Korean market in Rockville didn't carry it) We have such wonderful resources in our strip district -- and I got great coaching at the check out counter for preparing this healing food. Plus I found fresh water chestnuts!!! Have you ever tasted them? I bet not! I'm delighted -- they are so sweet --and also a healing food Dr. Ted Cibek had prescribed for me with the Medical QiGong approach many moons ago -- the canned item can not compare -- doesn't even seem alive!


So between the EEFood Coop, Right by Nature and this Chinese market, I have been celebrating Spring, Celebrating the Inner Healer with my own home retreat -- re-applying the principals of mindful eating (breathing, thanking,chewing) and re-designing my daily self-care rituals -for Welcoming Spring. How about you?


Do scroll down and leave a comment! Also, remember you can receive the blog posts directly if you click on FOLLOW ME to the right.

Sail on and Caoi Baby!

Yours in Wellness, Gratitude and New Life Now,
Suzen Sharda Segall

This blog post can be reproduced in its entirety with the following information:

© Suzen Sharda Segall 2010, CelebratingtheInnerHealer.com

Listen at: http://tinyurl.com/

Blog: www.celebratingtheinnerhealer.blogspot.com

Or on its unique radio channel at:

Suzen Sharda Segall, Wellness Personal Trainer/Consultant, designer and facilitator of BodyArts Therapeutics, has provided an integrated approach to health and wellness for a wide variety of populations, internationally,for over thirty-five years

No comments:

Post a Comment